Six EPCCC luncheon meetings are held each fiscal year between the months of September through June. Each meeting features selected guest speakers or panels who address topical estate planning subjects. These educational programs are pre-scheduled for the year and will be listed on our website with reminders sent to EPCCC members by email. These meetings provide an excellent opportunity for members to meet and know other area professionals from allied fields relating to estate planning.
Other benefits include membership with NAEPC. NAEPC offers specialist certification programs, Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) and Estate Planning Law Specialist (EPLS). Estate planners may apply for certification and the examination for the designation is administered periodically on a nationwide basis. This program is approved by the American Bar Association to be accredited to credential lawyers as Estate Planning Specialists in states as permitted.
Membership in the EPCCC is available to those individuals who reside or maintain a permanent office in Barnstable, Dukes or Nantucket Counties and who belong to one or more of the following professional organizations or categories:
- Members of the Massachusetts Bar;
- Accredited CPAs, Public Accountants, Enrolled Agents with IRS;
- Trust Officers and others affiliated with Massachusetts financial institutions maintaining trust departments;
- Life insurance agents who are members of the NALU and who are licensed in Massachusetts;
- Securities representatives who are NASD licensed;
- Registered investment advisors;
- Members of the Institute of Financial Planners, the Registry of Financial Planners, or individuals who are currently designated as Certified Financial Planners or Chartered Financial Consultants; and
- Development officers of 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations.
Dues are payable for each EPCCC fiscal year which is July 1-June 30. Annual dues are all inclusive for six regularly scheduled meetings and prepaid meals with all membership benefits. Dues cannot be pro-rated and they are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Non-Member Guest Fee….$30.00
Apply for Membership
Individuals in good standing in one or more of the above categories may apply for membership by:
- Complete approved Membership Application;
- Application to be endorsed by two (2) current EPCCC Members, one of whom must be in the same profession as the applicant; and
- Submit completed application as directed together with payment of annual membership dues.